At Active4today we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of visitors to our website.
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, request a particular service or make a comment or complaint
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a small text file that is on the user's computer, and can be thought of as a user's identification card.
Cookies make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier; saving time and making the browsing experience more efficient and enjoyable, but also helping the site providers to improve service delivery.
Our web content may be made up of information from different web domains. In the case of pages on this site, the majority of the content is from newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk, but may also include information from google.com (for statistics and language translation), siteimprove (for usage statistics and performance monitoring), civicapay (for online payments, esri (for displaying map information), youtube.com (for videos), twitter.com (for updates from our twitter account), and facebook.com (for displaying updates from facebook pages), and each of these domains or systems may place cookies.
A visit to a page on our site may generate the following types of cookie:
- Session cookies - used to remember information you enter during your visit to the site. They are also used to remember map display settings or what you have entered into forms so you can move backwards and forwards without the information disappearing. Once you leave the website the cookies expire.
- Anonymous analytics cookies - every time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by Google generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These cookies can tell us whether or not you've visited the site before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies, and if you don't, we generate new ones. This allows us to track how many individual unique users we have, and how often they visit the site. These cookies cannot be used to identify individuals; they are used for statistical purposes only. This allows us, for example, to tell which pages are the most visited at any one time.
- Third party cookies - some pages of the our website utilise components supplied by third parties, and these may also set their own anonymous cookies - for the purposes of tracking the success of their application, or customising the application for you. Because of how cookies work we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us.
Any website that places cookies on a visitor’s computer has to do it in a way that complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2011 which are enforced by the Information Commissioner.
Further advice on cookies is available from the Information Commissioners website.
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
- To provide information to you relating to other services that may be of interest to you.
- To analyse participation to develop the service provision and meet customer demands.
Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
Storing your personal information
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your personal information is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, as such sending any information to us electronically is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- For advertising on events and promotions that we think may be of interest where permission has been sought
Third party links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Customer feedback emails
From time to time, Active4Today would like to email you with marketing information and to ask you to participate in customer feedback surveys. Please opt in to receive this. Should you then decide at a later date that you don't want to receive this, please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org (applies to both Active4Today and Southwell Leisure Centre Trust customers).