Active4Today Ltd was established on 1 June 2015 and is the preferred operator for Newark and Sherwood District Council Leisure Centres and Sports Development. It also provides management support to Southwell Leisure Centre Trust. The Council have ownership of the buildings and are responsible for major structural liabilities. The Council is accountable for ensuring that the service is delivered to the required standard.
We are a 'not for profit' company limited by guarantee, set up for the benefit of the community, and do not have dividend paying shares, therefore Active4Today Ltd will invest any and all retained surpluses in order to enhance the service standards and develop the facilities in Newark and Sherwood.
We deliver a service to the public which is aligned to the Council's aspirations, aims and objectives. However, we are a seperate organisation, required to promote and deliver our own aims and objectives as outlined in the Memorandum of Association.
The company is incorporated for the following objects:
- provide leisure, sports, and cultural facilities and services;
- liaise and co-operate with all interested groups within the community to develop and deliver this service;
- promote and enter into partnerships or arrangements of all kinds to improve or extend the facilities and services offered;
- explore all avenues of funding and finance for such services;
- improve health and well-being through a range of outcomes, including reduced obesity, reduced anti-social behaviour and narrowing the health inequality gap; and
- increase jobs, strengthening the local economy, and enable children, young people and adults to learn and be ready for work
Active4Today Ltd work in partnership with a number of local and national organisations in order to successfully deliver and achieve the aims and objectives of the company. They include National Governing Bodies of Sport, Newark and Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group, Newark and Sherwood District Council, Nottinghamshire County Council, Sport England and Sport Nottinghamshire.
The brand of Active4Today
The 'Active' brand is aligned with outcomes of the new company and with its triangular graphic it promotes an 'active' Newark and Sherwood within a leisure, sport and wellbeing context.